Closure and removal of rides for 2013?

Club Pleasure Beach is a social community of like-minded individuals that share a passion for all things 'Blackpool Pleasure Beach'; from the rides to the shows, history to the future - we love Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

coastercrazyuk wrote:
ATC wrote:I don't think anyone would disagree actually. As others have said, Pleasure Beach survives because they choose to keep their classics.

MMmmm i'm not so sure. you're telling me if bpb opened for its 2013/14 season with all the classics gone replaced with ... and here's the key bit ... entertaining modern rides that appeal to the masses, it would start a steady or perhaps quite sudden drop in visitor numbers? tbh i seriously doubt that. what % of people through the gates are 'only' there because of the classics rides and of that % alone what sub-% would no longer visit due to no classics?

forums like this are bound to have a bias view by their very nature. i'm on another forum for vag cars (vw audi group) as i own a car of that brand. high majority of folk on that forum are fans of vag cars so the view on that forum can no doubt seem bias at least some of the time in favour of the brand.

my personal view is bpb would survive regardless of ride selection as long as said rides offered exciting entertainment for the masses. actually as i mentioned in another post i think if the ride selection changed more frequently the park would attract more guests.

Where have you planted your money tree? I may have to pay it a little visit.

Ash

2014: BPB x8 Grand National x39 Big One x21 Big Dipper x20
AT x2: Nemesis x9 Duel x4 Smiler x4
TP: Stealth x9 Xx5 Nemesis Inferno x4
Oakwood: Megafobia x12
Ash
Season Pass

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

all though i would not miss certain rides like infusion, dipper, grand prix it looks bad for the park and disapointing for guests if they have load if rides SBNO it realy should work as one rides out when one comes in or at least get rid of the ride and lay some grass but PB dont have that kind of money right now

with through put on rides reduced i think it would be a terrable idea to reduce the line up of rides especially if they want people to spend more time and money in the park over multiple days

if the wild mouse did go i would be heart broken :(
dmmosh1
B Ticket member

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Where have you planted your money tree? I may have to pay it a little visit.

Ash

:lol: There was one growing right in Pleasure Beach - think Amanda forgot to water it!!
Clive
A Ticket member

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Imagine if all these lost rides had gone to Ocean Beach, how good would that be.
Wild Mouse
B Ticket member

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 am

Wild Mouse wrote:Imagine if all these lost rides had gone to Ocean Beach, how good would that be.

But look at how Ocean Beach went! Losing the Water Chute there when it closed was a great shame.

Has anyone any news on the possible Wild Mouse situation? It's a shame there's no written evidence from which to positively depict it's future from.
Adam James
All Day Wristband

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:06 am

Adam James wrote:Has anyone any news on the possible Wild Mouse situation? It's a shame there's no written evidence from which to positively depict it's future from.

The ride was to be closed for good but that decision has been reviewed and I'm told its going to have a new block system installed enabling it to run more mouse cars.
Adventure Island the U.K's No.1 Free Admission Amusement Park!
Dan_PMBO
All Day Wristband

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 am

Dan_PMBO wrote:
Adam James wrote:Has anyone any news on the possible Wild Mouse situation? It's a shame there's no written evidence from which to positively depict it's future from.

The ride was to be closed for good but that decision has been reviewed and I'm told its going to have a new block system installed enabling it to run more mouse cars.

This is very good news! I hope this actually happens... not only is it staying but its capacity will be increased.
FY4Beanstreet
A Ticket member

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Dan_PMBO wrote:

The ride was to be closed for good but that decision has been reviewed and I'm told its going to have a new block system installed inabling it to run more mouse cars.

Sounds like a good idea if they do it right and don't do a similar job to the fools that are kumbak coasters! ;)
Jonathan
All Day Wristband

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm

As long as they don't use Kumbak for the braking like Jonathan said, this is brilliant news.

The best news I've heard all week in fact! :D (Still waiting for the 2013 ride line-up to be confirmed before making any rash decisions however..)
Adam James
All Day Wristband

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Great to hear that they are increasing the capacity! :D
Michael94
All Day Wristband

PreviousNext

Return to General Pleasure Beach Chat